Thanksgiving table design is one of the most important factors of a Thanksgiving meal.
Though this event is usually celebrated at home, it is also a perfect time to invite guests and family members to share in the experience. To be on the safer side with your decoration style, choosing a patterned table cloth like vinyl or silk will add an element of texture and drama. A small dose of more traditional flair can also be achieved by using fondant and royal icing as well as fall-themed edible decorations such as nuts, mums and raisins.
Tips to buy Thanksgiving table
1. The Thanksgiving table must be the focal point of the dining room. Try to have the table in the middle of a wall, allowing it to catch everyone’s attention when they walk into your room.
2. Remember that there are no rules for setting Thanksgiving tables, except that you should put together some of your classic centerpiece items such as flowers, candles and vases. You may not want to place too many objects on your festive table because they could easily become hazards or distractions when people eat.
3. For example, foot-candles are a good way to supply light for all those guests so that they can see what they are eating. Place them on mantles or table tops, or a few may be tied together and hung from the ceiling. Place a candelabra in the center of the table if you want to add a touch of elegance.
4. It is usually best to make your table top only if you are planning on placing an centerpiece on it. If not, use either an old piece of furniture or a recycled table-top to serve as a base.
5. Use vases of various shapes and sizes to arrange flowers, which are very important in any Thanksgiving table. There is nothing more beautiful than colorful foliage that compliments the different colors of your tablecloth, napkins and table decorations.
6. Candles make great accents on your Thanksgiving table decoration, providing just enough illumination so that guests can see what they are eating while they wait for the meal to be served. Simple votive candles will do well on your table top, but you may want to consider investing in a slightly bigger size if you have more than one guest at the table or are planning on serving food other than turkey for dinner that night.